Vikalis Vx 20mg (Tadalafil)
|Vikalis Vx 20mg (Tadalafil) x30 30||$1.5||$45.00|
|Vikalis Vx 20mg (Tadalafil) x60 60||$1||$60.00|
|Vikalis Vx 20mg (Tadalafil) x90 90||$0.85||$76.50|
|Vikalis Vx 20mg (Tadalafil) x180 180||$0.77||$138.60|
|Vikalis Vx 20mg (Tadalafil) x360 360||$0.55||$198.00|
Vikalis Vx is a drug proven effective in treating mild to severe cases of erectile dysfunction in men. Erectile dysfunction is a medical condition characterized by a man’s inability to achieve and maintain proper erection due to the narrowing of penile arteries.
Vikalis Vx contains 20mg of Tadalafil as its active ingredient. Tadalafil is a drug that blocks the action of the enzyme PDE5 to help relax the muscles of blood vessels walls, causing the blood vessels to dilate or widen and improve blood flow to the penis. Through this mechanism, Vikalis is able to help men achieve and maintain hard and strong erections for a satisfactory sexual intercourse.
Sexual stimulation or arousal must be done in order for Vikalis Vx to work. This drug is also called the “Weekend pill” because of its long duration of action. This tablet does not an aphrodisiac and does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
Vikalis VX is manufactured by Shree Venkatesh Int. Ltd.
Consulting a physician is necessary prior to using Vikalis Vx to receive the appropriate dosage. Tadalafil may be used on an “as needed” basis or “once daily” use. Below are the recommended dosages of Tadalafil:
As needed for erectile dysfunction:
- An initial dose of 10mg taken orally once, as needed, at least 30 minutes before a planned sexual activity.
- The next dose may be adjusted, decreased to 5mg or increased to 20mg, depending on efficacy and tolerance.
Tadalafil has been shown to improve erectile dysfunction up to 36 hours when used as needed. 10 to 20mg of Tadalafil must only be taken as needed, not for daily use. Dose should not exceed one dose in a period of 24 hours.
Once daily use for erectile dysfunction:
- An initial dose of 2.5mg taken orally, once daily about the same time each day, without regard to time of sexual activity.
- Maintenance dose may be adjusted from 2.5mg to 5mg once daily, depending on efficacy and tolerance.
- If a dose is missed, take it as soon as remembered but skip it if its almost time for the next dose then resume to regular dosing schedule. A dose must not be doubled to make up for the missed dose.
A tablet of Vikalis Vx must be swallowed whole with a glassful of water. It may be taken without regard for food because food does not affect its effectiveness.
Vikalis Vx is contraindicated to patients who are allergic to the active ingredient Tadalafil, and to any of the tablet’s inactive ingredients.
It is also contraindicated to patients taking medicines to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension such as Riociguat, taking nitrate drugs for heart problems, and recreational drugs containing nitrates as it may cause a serious decrease in blood pressure.
While the medication produces its desired effects, it may also cause unwanted side effects. Each patient will have different side effect experiences.
The most common side effects caused by Vikalis Vx include headache, indigestion, flushing, congested nose, dizziness, and muscle pains. These side effects usually go away, but if any persist or worsen, a physician must be notified.
Use of Vikalis Vx must be stopped and a physician must be notified if any of these side effects occur:
- Painful erection or prolonged erection lasting more than 4 hours
- Vision changes or sudden loss of vision
- Symptoms of heart attack such as pressure or pain on chest, pain spreading to jaw or shoulder, sweating, nausea
- Symptoms of severe allergic reaction such as rash, hives, itching, difficult breathing, swelling of face, throat, or tongue
A physician must also be notified for any of these side effects:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Ringing in ears or sudden loss of hearing
- Feeling of passing out
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of hands, ankles, or feet
These are not complete lists of side effects. Refer to drug leaflet or consult a physician for more information.
Warnings and Precautions
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain health problems, and some require dose adjustments.
It is important for a physician to know if any of the medical conditions apply to determine the safe use of Vikalis Vx:
- A penis disease, injury, or deformity
- Heart conditions
- Eye conditions causing loss of eyesight
- Liver impairment
- Kidney impairment
- Heart attack in the past 90 days
- Stroke in the past 6 months
- Blood cell or bleeding disorder
- Stomach ulcer
Caution is advised to men who are not allowed to engage in sexual activity due to health problems.
Vikalis Vx may also interact with other medications and may cause adverse effects. A physician must be informed if any of these medications are being taken:
- Antibiotic medicines
- Antifungal medicines
- Antiviral medicines for Hepatitis C and HIV
- Seizure medicines
- Medicines for hypertension or prostate disorder
Caution should be exercised when driving or using machineries because Vikalis Vx may cause dizziness and vision changes.
Vikalis Vx and Alcohol
Drinking large amounts of alcohol may reduce a man’s ability to produce an erection. It may also prevent from getting the maximum benefit from Vikalis Vx and increase the risk of side effects.
Vikalis Vx and Grapefruit
Consuming grapefruit products is not recommended because a chemical in grapefruit may increase the amount of Tadalafil in the bloodstream, increasing the risk of side effects.